Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Sunday, November 29, 2009

If I Stay


If I Stay by Gayle Forman
rating 9/10

[close] In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeenyear- old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...


A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make—and the ultimate choice Mia commands.



 If I Stay was a real emotional read. It would be anyway, but it was written in such a way that made it more so. The writing was beautiful.
 
I really liked Mia. There was so much to her and I really liked that. With all the flashbacks, there was so much to connect with. One reason she was easy to connect to for me was because of her love for music. There was so much music, it was such and important aspect of the story and I loved that.
 
One thing that was great about this book was Mia and Adam's relationship. It was so real, not the same cookie-cutter love that you always see. They did love each other, but they had their problems. I really appreciated this.
 
If I stay was a wondrous read. It was beautiful and awe-inspiring.

1 comment: