As the New Year approaches, I decided to make a few bookish resolutions for next year.
- Review more non-YA books- Since a big chunk of what I read is adult, I figure I should start to review them more. Not on my blog, since it is strictly YA, but on other sights such as Goodreads.
- Interact more with the blogging community- I've actually been doing a pretty good job with this the past month or so. Maybe not since the holidays, but before that. But I figure there is always room to grow in this area. I'll do this by 1) commenting more, and 2) talking more on twitter and such.
- Get reviews up in a more timely manner- Sometimes I'm good with this, sometimes I'm not. I figure I should try to be more consistent, though.
- Finish more books than this year- I have to add this one in; I do it every year. My goal this year was to read 200, and assuming I make that, next year will be 201.
- Reach my monthly goal- This may be something along the same lines of the one above, but it is something I need to work on. Every month I have a goal of how many books I am going to read. There were many a month this year when I did not reach this goal. I wouldn't be scrambling to reach 200 this year if I had reached this.
- If I don't like a book, don't read it- This may seem obvious, but when I start a book, even if I don't like it, I still finish it. I'm making it a rule that if I can't get into the first 100 pages of a book, to just set it aside. There are so many other books I could be reading than one that I don't really enjoy.
- Expand my reading- I tend to read the same genres, so I'm going to try to get out of my comfort zone a little. A part of this is going to be trying to tackle a few classics.
What are some of your bookish New Year's resolutions?