Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Saturday, February 27, 2010

In My Mailbox (20)

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren
Mooched:
One Last Wish by Lurlene McDaniels-Three letters. Three last wishes. Three unforgettable novels--"Mother, Help Me Live, Let Him Live" and "Sixteen and Dying"--in one keepsake edition. Published to coincide with Lurlene McDaniel's first hardcover, "Starry, Starry Night".


Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar- Welcome to New York City's Upper East Side, where my friends and I live, go to school, play, and sleep--sometimes with each other.




S is back from boarding school, and if we aren't careful, she's going to win over our teachers, wear that dress we couldn't fit into, steal our boyfriends' hearts, and basically ruin our lives in a major way. I'll be watching closely...



You know you love me,

gossip girl 



Around the World Tours:
Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt-When a well-dressed woman steps out of a bubble and wants to know if you'd like to become a substitute princess, do you


A) run

B) faint

C) say yes?

For Desi Bascomb, who's been longing for some glamour in her Idaho life, the choice is a definite C). Desi has a rare ability: with the help of "Royal Rouge," she can temporarily transform into the exact look-alike of any princess who needs her subbing services. Dream come true, right?

Well, Desi soon discovers that subbing involves a lot more than wearing a tiara and waving at cameras.... In this winning debut, one girl's dream of glamour transforms into the desire to make a positive impact. And an impact Desi makes, one royal fiasco at a time.
 
That's all I got this week.
What did you get?

7 comments:

  1. I used to read Lurlene McDaniels' books... I hope you enjoy them! :) So sad, but so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all three books looks great, I hope you enjoy them! I have a copy of Princess for Hire to read too and I can't wait! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Princess for Hire sounds wicked fun! Hope you enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im not sure about princess for Hire, ill await your review!!! Happy Reading!!!
    Chioma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Princess for Hire? I'm super jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with Bookworm, super jealous about they Princess for Hire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome books!

    Here's what I got this week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox-2-28-10.html

    Have an awesome booktastic Monday! :D
    The Bookie Bunch

    ReplyDelete