Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Anything but Normal

Anything but Normal
Melody Carlson
Release Date: January 1, 2010
Publisher: Revell
rating 9/10

Sophie is starting a new school year. Shopping for it with her best friend should be fun, but nothing seems to fit, which is a major issue to a high school girl. But her biggest problem is the secret she's keeping. And she's about to find out that she won't be able to keep things under wraps for much longer. This page-turning novel explores the tangled web of choices, secrets, and love that all teen girls navigate.

I'm not sure what I was expecting when I started Anything but Normal, but I know I didn't expect to like it so much. This book was amazing, and I loved it. It was very real and honest about what Sophie is going through as a pregnant teen.


I loved Sophie. She was a very genuine character. At times I wanted to yell at her, but I can't blame her for most the things she did. She was sweet and I felt sorry for her. I did not like most of the other characters, but I loved Sophie.

I really enjoyed Anything but Normal. Melody Carlson did a beautiful job writing this and I look forward to reading more of her books.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I loved that book!!! It was such an enjoyable book! I'm glad you liked it, too!! Great review, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete