Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Lucky Kind

The Lucky Kind by Ayssa B. Sheinmel
High school junior Nick Brandt is intent on getting a girlfriend, and Eden Reiss is the one that he wants. He has exactly four semesters to get the girl, but when the phone rings on an otherwise ordinary Tuesday night, life for Nick and his parents will never be the same. What had been a seemingly idyllic home life has become something else entirely. But with this shake-up comes a newfound confidence for Nick; he's become a bolder version of himself, no longer afraid to question his parents, and no longer afraid to talk to Eden.

Alyssa B. Sheinmel has written a powerfully gripping story about family secrets, falling in love, and finding luck in unexpected--and sometimes unwelcome—circumstances.



The main reason I want to read this is because I loved Sheinmel's debut novel, The Beautiful Between. I loved the writing, and this one looks just as interesting and good.

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of this one before now, but it sounds good. I'll keep an eye out for it :)

    www.blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this one before, but it sounds like something I'd like. I added it to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete