Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Things I Know About Love

Things I Know About Love by Kate Le Vann
rating 8/10
Release Date June 22, 2010

Livia's experience of love has been disappointing to say the least. But all that is about to change. After years of illness, she's off to spend the summer with her brother in America. She's making up for lost time, and she's writing it all down in her private blog. America is everything she ever dreamed of - and then she meets Adam. Can Livia put the past behind her and risk falling in love again?

I started this book thinking that it was going to be a cute, fluffy, quick read. While it was quick and cute at times, by the end it was anything but fluffy.


The whole book was written from the main character's, Livia's, blog, or what is her diary, and occasionally Adam's, too. The book was mainly about Livia, who has had cancer, visiting her brother in America. there, she falls in love with Adam. Most of the book was cute and fluffy, just your average chick lit, and I really enjoyed that. But toward the end that changed.

I won't spoil the ending. All I'll say is that it's very heartbreaking. I would have liked this a lot better, but, and this could just be me, I felt that the ending was very short-changed and abrupt. It's like, all is going well, then suddenly something happens, and it ends. I think that more could have been added instead of ending so abrupt. but then again, I'm not sure I could handle what happened being dragged out for much more. I was already crying hard.

If you're looking for a short read, this might be good. Just be aware that it does not have a happy ending.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome review! This was my WoW a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad you liked it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... sounds like an interesting read!

    ReplyDelete