Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 Resolutions



I've decided to set some goals for the new year for my blog. There are definitely some things that I can do to improve, both as a blogger and a reader, so here they are:
  1. Read 200 books in 2011. That's my goal. I really started getting into reading back in 2008, when I read 62 books. In 2009, I read 140 books. 2010: 179 books. I think it's fair to say that I can read 200 books in 2011.
  2. Review more books. In the past year that I've had my blog, I haven't reviewed as many books as I would have liked. I think the problem is that I wait to long to write a review for a book, then I forget everything important, so I just don't write it. Most of all my reviewing/blogging gets done during the weekend, so I'm going to make it a goal that every weekend I review most, if not all, the books I read that week. Which also brings me to my next goal:
  3. Put more thought behind my reviews. This isn't to say that I don't put any thought or time into them, because I do. But I would like to get more in depth when I review a book. For instance, not just talk about the main character and plot, but also get into character development, sub-plots, writing, etc.
  4. Socialize more in the blogosphere. I've noticed that in a lot of people's resolutions this year, they say comment more. This isn't really my problem (thought I could do that more) but I just need to actually start a conversation or give my opinion more.
What are your New Year's resolutions?



1 comment:

  1. I love your goals. They're similar to mine, and they're great goals to have.

    And also, I just have to say that I really love your blog.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete