Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Friday, December 30, 2011

End of the Year Survey


The Perpetual Page-Turner is hosting once again the End of the Year Book Survey. I've been meaning to do a post like this, and here is one waiting for me! To participate visit here.
Best Book Read in 2011:
It's hard picking one, but if I had to this would be it. 
 Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?
Don't hate me. It's not that I didn't like this book, but after months and months of anticipation and all of that buzz that surrounded this book, I felt that it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I wanted to love it. But I think my expectations were too high.
Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?
Wasn't expecting this to be so good.
Book you recommended to people most in 2011?
Very addicting and enjoyable read. I'd recommend this to anyone, even if they don't read a lot.
Best series you discovered in 2011?
I really enjoyed the first 2 books in this series. One of my favorite YA series of the year.
Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?
I read both of these books in 2011, and absolutely loved them. Stephanie Perkins is amazing!
Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
I started reading more adult fiction this year and loved it. I loved the Stray series, but there were several others that I read and enjoyed as well.
Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?
Yes, this one again. This was very addicting.
Book you most anticipated in 2011?
I was very excited for this pretty much all year. And now I'm the same way with the next one.
Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?
I can't deny this cover is amazing!
Most memorable character in 2011? 
I loved how much Carmen grew during this book. I really enjoyed her.
Most beautifully written book read in 2011?

 Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011? 

 Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read? 

Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011?
I just think perfection and lasting through the ages is for Greek statues, not us mere humans.~The Fox Inheritance by Mary E. Pearson
Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012? 
Oh, there it is again

Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
I'd have to say the end of this book about killed me

2 comments:

  1. I've seen Anna and the French Kiss on more than a few lists...I will definitely be picking that one up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see To Kill a Mockingbird on there. What a classic! I read it a few years ago but would love to re-read it now. Great list!

    ReplyDelete