Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Monday, April 16, 2012

Review: Deadly Little Voices by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Deadly Little Voices (Touch, #4)Deadly Little Voices
Laurie Faria Stolarz
Publisher: Hyperion
Release Date: December 6, 2012


High school junior Camelia thought her powers of psychometry only gave her the ability to sense the future through touch. But now she’s started to hear voices. Mean voices. Berating her, telling her how ugly she is, and that she’d be better off dead. It’s a troubling development that has Camelia terrified for her mental stability, especially since her deranged aunt with a suicidal history just moved into the family house. More torturing, ex-boyfriend Ben, who has similar psychometric abilities, has been spending more time with their classmate Alejandra, even as her own feelings for Adam grow stronger. Still, the bond between Camelia and Ben is palpable. 
With the line between right and wrong fraying, Camelia turns to pottery to get a grasp on her emotions. She begins sculpting a beautiful figure skater, only to receive frightening premonitions that someone’s in danger. But who is the victim? And how can Camelia help them when she is on the brink of losing her own sanity
I'm not going to lie. I was ready to give up on this series. While it was interesting, it just wasn't doing it for me. But something compelled me to read Deadly Little Voices, the latest installment. And I'm really glad I did. I ended up really enjoying this book and I'm excited for the final one now. 


The main character, Camelia has bothered me in the past. But I think she has grown since, becoming more independent. Poor Camelia. She has a lot to deal with. In Deadly Little Voices, she experiences the growing fear of the possibility of going crazy because of her psychometric powers. On top of that, she has yet another mystery on her hands and more relationship strife. 

I didn't feel that there was as much focus on Camelia's many relationship conflicts, which I was glad. It's still there, but not as intense. As for who she should choose, Ben or Adam, I can't say I have a side on this. 

As usual, while I still enjoyed the mystery in this, I can't say I was surprised. With this series, I typically have just about everything figured out before it's revealed. But it was still a fun ride. 

I can now say that I'm excited for the last book in the series. Deadly Little Voices definitely reminded me of why I started this series in the first place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment