Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Review: Desires of the Dead

Desires of the Dead
Kimberly Derting
Release Date: February 15, 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
Rating: 4/5 stars

The missing dead call to Violet. They want to be found.



Violet can sense the echoes of those who've been murdered—and the matching imprint that clings to their killers. Only those closest to her know what she is capable of, but when she discovers the body of a young boy she also draws the attention of the FBI, threatening her entire way of life.


As Violet works to keep her morbid ability a secret, she unwittingly becomes the object of a dangerous obsession. Normally she'd turn to her best friend, Jay, except now that they are officially a couple, the rules of their relationship seem to have changed. And with Jay spending more and more time with his new friend Mike, Violet is left with too much time on her hands as she wonders where things went wrong. But when she fills the void by digging into Mike's tragic family history, she stumbles upon a dark truth that could put everyone in danger.

As a huge fan of The Body Finder, I was super excited to read Desires of the Dead. As it turns out out, I loved Desires of the Dead just as much. It was still extremely addicting, with a mystery and a sweet romance.


I loved the romance in this book. It was very sweet. Jay and Violet have a lot of history together, and it shows. They go together perfectly. My only complaint would be that at times it seems that Violet may have been a little too dependent on Jay. She's a very strong girl, and I would have liked her to be a little more independent. You see a lot of the in young adult books. Regardless, it did not ruin anything for me. I still enjoyed it.

Be warned, if you are looking for a good mystery/thriller, this is not that book. There were hardly any twists or surprises and I had everything figured out quite early in the book. Luckly, I didn't go into this book looking for a big mystery, so I was okay with it.

I reccomend both the Body Finder and Desires of the Dead. They are fabulous, addicting reads. Desires of the Dead was just as good as the first.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read the sequel yet, but I really liked the first one. Greast review.

    ReplyDelete