Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Monday, May 2, 2011

Review: Die for Me

Die for Me
Amy Plum
Publisher: Die for Me (Revenants, #1)HarperTeen
Release date: May 10, 2011

My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.


Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.


Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.


Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.


While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?

Overall, I really enjoyed Die For Me. There were a few things that bothered me, but those were easily overlooked.


The main problem with it was the romance; it was too cliche and not developed enough. You can tell the quthor was definitly going for the epic-love-at-fisrt-sight romance. You know this because it had the whole "the first time his eyes met mine the world stopped" thing. I like Vincent and all, but the romance between him and Kate was very rushed. It would have been more enjoyable if there was more time for them to actually fall in love.

Kate was nice enough. She was melodramatic sometimes, especially when it comes to Vincent. I did like a lot of the side characters, though. Especially Jules.

My favorite thing about this book is how unique it is. I have never seen mythical creatures like this. I won't say exactly what, though once you get into the book it's not hard to figure out not what they are, but at least what they do.

A very unique book, Die for Me was very enjoyable. It was refreshing to read something other than your typical mythical creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment