Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Review: A Touch Mortal

A Touch Mortal (Touch Mortal, #1)A Touch Mortal 
Leah Clifford
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Release Date: February 22, 2011


Eden didn't expect Az.
Not his saunter down the beach toward her. Not his unbelievable pick-up line. Not the instant, undeniable connection. And not his wings.
Yeah.
So long, happily-ever-after.
Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with her every touch, Eden could be the key in the eternal struggle between heaven and hell. All because she gave her heart to one of the Fallen, an angel cast out of heaven.
She may lose everything she ever had. She may be betrayed by those she loves most. But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else's game. Her heart is her own.
And that's only the beginning of the end.


This booked seemed like it would be so good; it had so much potential. So many people had said so many good things about it. Unfortunately, I didn't get into this book. I wish I had. The story is so unique. Don't get me wrong, it's not that it was bad. I just couldn't get into it.

At the beginning, it jumps right into the story. This is good, that it didn't take forever to get started. But, I would have liked more time to get to know the characters a little more. But, with the book already over 400 pages, there was probably not room for any more.

I think that was my main problem with the book. The characters. It's not that they were bad characters or I didn't like them or anything. It's just that I couldn't connect to them. Like I said, I wish there was more time to get to know them.

The story, though, was really good. I was always intrigued to see what would happen next. Overall, I was a toad disappointed. While the story is very intriguing, I just could not get into this book. 

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this book for awhile, love your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hated this book. It seems to be a book you either really didn't like or that you really loved. I didn't care about the characters, either. The basis for the story was so interesting but it just went all OVER the place. Way too confusing and also way too much swearing and glorification of suicide for me to handle.

    ReplyDelete