Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Review: Silence

Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)Silence
Becca Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Release Date: October 4, 2011
Pages: 438

The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.








I was very surprised by Silence. I really liked Hush, Hush, but I didn't get as into the sequal, Crescendo, as much. I wasn't sure how I would feel about Silence. But it brought this series back to life for me.

When the book started out, I was just as clueless as Nora. Well, almost. We start out when Nora wakes up in a grave yard with no memory of the past few month. She doesn't remember Patch or the Nephilim or anything. At first, I wasn't sure I would like this. Whey do we need to rediscover everything again. But, it didn't linger on anything too much.

Nora and Patch's on again off again relationship is driving me nuts. Either stay together or don't! (I was hopping for the former.) But, I think that after the second half, that will be permanent. I hope. 

I do think that the first part dragged a little. There were things that happened, but I was just waiting for Nora to either remember or figure everything out. But then about half way through it got a lot more interesting. 

And the ending! I was surprised. But then again I feel like I should have seen it coming.

I'm glad I liked Silence because it got me into this series again. I love angels and this is a great story. Now I'm dying for the next one. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved this one so much - I think this one was my favorite in the series so far.

    ReplyDelete