Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (11): Books that Broke My Heart

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For more information or to participate visit here.

This week (in case you couldn't figure it out from the post title) is books that broke my heart. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. There are books that broke my heart in the best possible way.


  1. Looking for Alaska by John Green- This books was so sad yet so good. It really had an impact on me. 
  2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green- On the same vein, another fabulous yet heart-breakingly beautiful novel by John Green. 
  3. Sweethearts by Sara Zarr-I have no idea why this book affected my the way it did. Nothing particularly sad happens in this book, yet, once I finished, I just felt sad and depressed. And I didn't get over it quickly, either.
  4. Before I Die by Jenny Downham- This broke my heart in the worst way possible. Yes, I should have been expecting that. Yet I read it when I was fairly young and just getting into reading. I think I bit off a little more than I could chew with this one. 
  5. Cracked Up to Be by Courtney Summers- There was so much truth in this one. This is the book that made me fall in love with Courtney Summers' writing. I haven't like one of her books quite as much as this one. 
  6. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta- One of my favorite books. So heart-breaking yet so good!
  7. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak- You can tell just from the subject-matter how heartbreaking this book is going to be. Yet it was so beautiful and so truthful.
  8. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins-(Spoiler alert!) Out of all the books in this series, definitely the most depressing. I still haven't quite recovered from Finnick dying. Prim, eh. But Finnick, hell, no.
  9. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver- This one was really good, yet very sad. 
  10. Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly- Another so good yet so sad one. 
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Just finished "The Night Circus". It's one of those beautiful, heart-wrenching stories.

    I'm waiting for the "Fault in Our Stars" to come in at the library. I'm really looking forward to that one.

    ReplyDelete