Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (12): Favorite Covers that AREN'T Girls in Dresses




Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For more information or to participate, visit here.

This week's theme (if you didn't know from the title of the post) is Top Ten Favorite Covers. I decided to go specific and do covers that aren't girls in dresses. It seems that those covers have been popping up more and more in the past year. While I thought they were pretty at first (which they are) they are kind of getting old. I want more original covers that tell me more about the story.

 1. A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb- I just love how creepy this cover is. I feel that it goes with the book really well. 
2. The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan- This book manages to be pretty and yet still keep the creepiness and the feel of the book. I also like the second cover in this series. I'm not a fan of the first, since whenever I see the girl on The Forest of Hands and Teeth it reminds me of Wednesday from The Adams Family. 
3. Bleeding Violet by Ria Deeves- I just think this is pretty. It doesn't completely capture the craziness of the book, but I still think it keeps the feel. 
4. Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton- I like how this looks all pretty at first, and then you see the swords. Deadly. 
 
5. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr- This cover is really pretty and it has this magical feel to it. 
6. In Honor by Jessi Kirby- Yes, I am kind of cheating because this is a girl in a dress. But it's not just some girl in a pretty fancy dress. I think you can tell a lot about this book from the cover. It has a very country and cute feel to it. I haven't read this yet but I want to just from the cover. 
7. The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jenson- I just love how cutesy this cover is. It's original and I like that about it. 
8. Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols- This is the first Jennifer Echols book I wouldn't be embarrassed about being seen reading. It's not overly cheesy like her romantic comedies and it doesn't have a boy and a girl like her other dramas. I actually think this is very pretty and I can't wait to read it. 
9. John Belushi is Dead by Kathy Charles- I don't know why I like this cover so much. I love the pink hair and where the words are placed. 
10. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith- This is a very cute cover but still manages to stay series. It's not too cheesey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment