Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (13): Contemporaries

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For more information, or to participate, visit here.

This lovely Tuesday I am listing off my favorite contemporaries.  (in no particular order)


  1. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta- Such a heartbreaking and utterly fabulous book. Couldn't recommend it more.
  2. The Nature of Jade by Deb Caletti- And thus begins my love-hate relationship with Deb Caletti. The same author  that brought me this favorite also brought some books that I don't like as much. But because of this book, I'm willing to give anything she does a try. 
  3. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson- Can you say road trip? I absolutely love books with road trips and this is what started it all. 
  4. Where She Went by Gayle Forman- If I Stay was good, but this book is amazing. So real and so good and so beautiful.  
  5. Anna and the French Kiss- I mean, come on. This is just an awesome book.
  6. Willow by Julia Hoban- Absolutely heartbreaking yet amazing.
  7. North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headly- This book was so powerful. 
  8. Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles- I fell that I have to throw this one on this list. While it's a bit of a lighter read, I still find myself going back to it. Perfect Chemistry was good, but this is my favorite in the series. 
  9. Bloom by Elizabeth Scott- Similar situation with Deb Caletti. But this book is just amazing.
  10. Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson- One of my more recent favs. Adventure, mystery, treasure, a hot guy. What more can you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment