Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Friday, July 20, 2012

Hit or Miss Authors

Over the course of the past few years, I've discovered a few authors that I either really like one of their books, or really don't. Fortunately, the ones that I like are absolutely amazing. But I just can't always count on them to provide me with an amazing story. 

Now, quite a few of these authors, I'm afraid, most of you will probably disagree with me on. But, It's how I feel and I can't exactly change that. 

Here we go.

Sarah Dessen. Okay, to be fair, the only ones of hers I don't like are her early ones. There were some that I just couldn't get into or finish. But, with her more recent novels, she has yet to fail me. 
The Hits
Just ListenThe Truth About ForeverAlong for the Ride

The Misses
Dreamland That Summer

Susane Calasanti. She has provided some really cute and fun stories. But she has also had a couple that I just did not like
The Hits
Waiting For YouSomething Like Fate

The Misses
When It Happens
This is really the only book that I had real beef with. While I had issues with Keep Holding On, it was still entertaining

Elizabeth Scott. Man, when she writes a hit, it's amazing. One of my favorite books of all time is bloom. But she can also write some novels that I just cannot get into.
The Hits
BloomPerfect YouSomething, Maybe

The Misses
The Unwritten RuleBetween Here and ForeverGrace

Deb Caletti. This is an author that has given me one of my favorite books ever. One that I absolutely love and cherish. But there are several of her books that just aren't my usual read, that I just don't have an interest in. Of course, that doesn't mean they aren't good. Just not my thing
The Hits
The Nature of JadeThe Secret Life of Prince CharmingStay

The Misses
(these are ones that I have read and just did not like)
Honey, Baby, SweetheartWild Roses


So, there you have it. 
Are there any authors that you feel are hit-or-miss?

4 comments:

  1. Out of all of these authors I've only read Sarah Dessen's books. I do agree though, I don't love them all. I think it's because her plots are very similar, they just have different details.

    As for the others on this list, I have heard similar things from a couple of my friends who have read their books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read an author where I've liked every book they've written. I tend to judge each book on its own. I feel the same way about some of the books and authors you mentioned, especially Sarah Dessen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these though I do own a few that I intend to read and luckily they are all ones on your Hits Lists. I know what you are talking about. One example that comes to mind for me is a series. The Sookie Stackhouse books. There have been some that were amazing and others that felt almost like a waste of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of Sarah Dessen. I read a couple of her books and they were just ok. I have wanted to read Something Like Fate by Susane Colastanti.

    My blog - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete