Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Monday, December 31, 2012

Best Books Read in 2012

Hey everyone! I'm a little late with this post, but that's okay. I read some pretty great books in 2012 and I need to share them with you!

The Edge of Never
The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
I actually just read this one and loved it! Such a gorgeous novel that will break your heart and fill it with hope five times over.

Glimmer
Glimmer by Phoebe Kitandis
I wasn't expecting to like this one so much but it turned out to be a very unique adventure. 
Read my review for Glimmer here
Second Chance Summer
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
Another heartbreakingly beautiful novel by one of my favorite authors.
Read my review here

Smart Girls Get What They Want
Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohemeyer
I loved this book. So. Much. It's just so much fun. I know it slipped under the radar, but if you haven't picked this one up, go do it. Now.
Read my review here

Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
I just completely fell in love with this one. A super cute, sweet story.

Before I Wake (Soul Screamers, #6)
Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent
I had to include this one on the list because it's one of my favorite series and every book just gets better. 
Read my review here

The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
I wasn't the biggest fan of Bloodlines, but I loved this book. Definitely a series worth checking out.

Girl at Sea
Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson
I've read other Maureen Johnson novels, but didn't love them as much as others seem to. But I absolutely loved Girl at Sea. It's just such a fun adventure.
Read my review of Girl at Sea here

Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton
Another favorite series of mine.

If you haven't read any of these, I highly recommend them!
What are some favorites you've read this year?
Kapri

3 comments:

  1. Pushing the Limits is absolute love! I really want to read The Edge of Never and restart the Soul Screamers books (I'm on the second one). You've a lot of contemporary here and I'd surely refer to your list when I want to read one, I think contemporaries are the best books ever.

    Happy New Year, Kapri!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! I've only read Before I Wake, but love the sound of Glimmer and Wings of the Wicked. Thanks for sharing!

    Alexia's Books and Such...

    ReplyDelete