This week's topic is Settings I'd like to see more of
- The mountains- I don't care where these mountains are, but mountains make a very interesting setting and really goes with paranormal/fantasy stories.
- The south- Have you noticed there aren't many YA books set in the south? Sure, there's a few, but not as many as other places. Now, even though I've spent most of my life in Colorado, I'm a Texas girl at heart and plan to make my way back down there eventually (as in in a few months once I graduate). Anyway, I love the south and would love to see more books set in a good ole' southern town.
- Alaska- I just remember reading Winter Longing and loved the setting. It's not exactly somewhere I want to live, but it's really interesting.
- More exotic places- For instance, more books set in Central/ South America. Wanderlove got me hooked on that.
- More foreign Steampunk settings- Shadow and bone is set in steampunk Russia. Stormdancer is set in steampunk Japanese. I'm talking these kinds of settings.
What settings would you like to see more of?