Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Review: The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines

The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys #1)
Abbi Glines
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: October 30, 2012

There was something wicked about Beau that drew me to him. What was wrong with me? Why did I want to sin so badly?
Ashton is getting tired of being good, of impressing her parents and playing ideal girlfriend to Sawyer Vincent. Sawyer is perfect, a regular Prince Charming, but when he leaves town for the summer, it's his cousin Beau who catches Ashton's eye. Beau is the sexiest guy she's ever seen, and even though he's dangerous, Ashton is drawn to him.
Beau loves his cousin like a brother, so the last thing he wants to do is make a move on Sawyer's girl. Ashton is off-limits, absolutely. That's why he does his best to keep his distance, even though he's been in love with her forever. When Ashton wants to rekindle their childhood friendship in Sawyer's absence, Beau knows he should say no.
Ashton and Beau don't want to hurt Sawyer. But the more they try to stay away from each other, the more intense their urges become. It's getting way too hard to resist...


I have been reading a lot of Abbi Glines lately, and I've been wanting to get my hands on The Vincent Boys for a while now. 

This novel contains some really interesting characters. I thought Beau and Ashton were really fun, especially together. Ashton drove me nuts sometimes, but, honestly, I was okay with that. She was so obsessed with how people perceived her, but I loved watching her really discover who she is despite what others think. And I fell in love with Beau, just as Ashton did. I will say I wasn't the biggest fan of Sawyer, although I'm sure that will change in The Vincent Brothers. 

I am not a fan of cheating stories, but The Vincent Boys is more than that. There were plenty of surprises throughout the novel. There was even an emphasis on family (or at least, family secrets). The Vincent Boys is well-paced and addicting. 

I didn't quite enjoy The Vincent Boys as much as I thought I would. It wasn't anything super-spectacular, but it was an enjoyable, fun read. I'm looking forward to reading Sawyer's story!

Kapri

1 comment:

  1. I've really been getting into Abbi Glines novels and just finished listening to Breathe on audio! If you get the chance, you should pick it up!

    Lisa
    Become Blogger of the Week
    http://turningpages94.blogspot.com/p/blogger-of-week.html

    ReplyDelete