Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Monday, May 31, 2010

I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan

I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan
rating 8/10
Release Date: June 1, 2010

Seventeen-year-old Bronwen Oliver doesn't just want a family. She has one of those, and there's nothing terribly wrong with them apart from bickering grandparents, an image-obsessed mother and a brother she describes simply as Jesus. But there's no natural sense of connection between Bronwen and her family, leaving her with the belief -- and the hope -- that she was switched at birth, that she was never supposed to be Bronwen Oliver but someone else entirely.



When she begins dating college senior Jared Sondervan, she finds herself thoroughly embraced by the loving family she has always wanted and does not hesitate to say yes when Jared proposes on her 18th birhday. Plans for the Perfect Beach Wedding before her junior year of college become plans for the Perfect Beach Wedding before her freshman year of college. And a wedding so soon isn't exactly what Bronwen wants. But Jared is. And his family is. Or so she thinks.


Before Bronwen can determine what she truly wants, she must first determine who she truly is, and the answer, she discovers, is only partially what she thought it was. She wasn't switched at birth, but she's also not Bronwen Oliver and hasn't been for a very long time.

I must say that when I started INPYSE I didn't quite know what I was getting into. It looked interesting enough, but I just wasn't sure that it was my type of book. Well, I was wrong. I adored this one! It was cute and sweet and just the type of light, fun novel that I was looking for this summer.


Bronwen was definatly a lovalbe character. She knew what she wanted, and she wouldn't let anyone get in the way of that. She kind of lost sight of it towards the end, but she quickly got back on track.

Bronwena and Jared were incredibly cute together. Jared was very sweet and cute. I must say that their relationship moved way too fast, but this being just a light book, I'm not going to hold that against them. I wouldn't expect it to go into detail about how their relationship grew or anything. It was cute and sweet just the same.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It's not the kind of book that you want to read if your in serious mood, but if your looking for a short, cute summer read this is perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your review, I think I'm definitely going to keep this in mind when I need a fun quick read this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm this looks like a book that I might have to check out. Great review!

    ReplyDelete