Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Rating System

I have a rating system of 1-10, 10 being the best and 1 being the worst. Now, I've had a little confusion in the past (not so much recently, but just in the past) about the rating and the review. So I decided that I would do a post and break down each rating.

Also, I was looking back at all my posts and I haven't done anything real personal in a long time. Like pretty much everything is just reviews and memes (Whoa!) Now I do love posting about both those things, but I think I need to start doing posts about other stuff, too, don't you think? So I decided I'm going to try to do something else( I'm not sure what exactly, just whatever I feel like posting about) at least every couple weeks. Now, I sometimes get lazy, or I don't know what exactly I want to post about, so I'm not sure how well this will work out. But I'll try, I swear ;-)

So, Anyway, back to the rating system.
I'll start from the top.
10/10- This is the best any book can get from me. I have a shelf right above my bed where I keep all my favorite books. I keep them there so that I can have them on hand if I ever want to read from one of these. If I give a book a 10, you better believe that that book is going up there. So, of course I hardly ever get a new one of these. If I don't get a book a perfect score, It's not because I didn't absolutely love it. It's just because it wasn't one of my all time favorites.

9/10- This is where I place all the books that I loved and didn't find anything wrong with, but I don't consider them my favorites. This is still a pretty amazing rating that you can get from me.

8/10- If I place a book here, it is because I still really like it, I just didn't love it. Most of the time, I'll say in my review what made me not love the book, but sometimes I won't. If I don't say exactly why I didn't like it enough to give it a 9/10, it's probably because I don't know myself. that happens sometimes. There will be a book that I like but don't love, and yet I can't exactly put my finger on why I didn't love. I still consider this a high rating from me.

7/10- the book was okay. I enjoyed it, but definitely had some beef with it. If I give it a 7, it's not like with and 8, where at times I may not know what I didn't like about it. I'll tell you exactly why I thought it was just okay.

6/10- Now this is getting pretty low. It means that I really did not enjoy this book. There may be a part or two that I did enjoy, but mostly I just didn't like it.

5/10- I think that this is the lowest rating I've ever given. I can't remember what exactly for, but I do remember that I have given it out. This means I totally did not like the book. I probably won't give this out too often, because if there is a book that I don't like this much, I most likely won't finish it. But it may come up once in a while. I also probably won't ever give anything below this because I don't like giving out bad reviews, and if there ever was a score lower than this, I would probably trash the book in the review, and I just don't want to do this.

So there you have it. I'm sorry about the long post, and if you are still reading this, I thank you greatly.

So tell me what you think. About everything, about anything. I'd love to here from you!

And also, this is my 100 post! Woo Hoo! I know, it's slow going, but I'm trying to pick up the pace :D

No comments:

Post a Comment