Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Friday, May 14, 2010

Shade

Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
rating 7/10


When her boyfriend dies a most untimely death, Aura--who can see ghosts--is forced to reconsider her relationship with the living and dead in SHADE.



When her boyfriend dies a most untimely death, Aura--who can see ghosts--is forced to reconsider her relationship with the living and dead in SHADE.
 
I've been looking forward to reading this book, and when I finall got it, I started right away. But, as I got further into it, I wasn't as entralled in it as I thought I would be. Don't get me wrong, I know that some poeple really liked it a lot, and I did enjoy it, just not that much.




One reason I couldn't really get that into it was because of the main charachter, Aura. She bothered me way too much during the book. There wasn't anything really wrong with her, it was just that I couldn't relate to her at all.


Also, there were a few plot holes in this. I mean, it could just e me, but they really bothered me. And who knows if they will be answered in the next book.


It was a very original plot, and I did really enjoy parts of it. but other times, I just wasn't that into it. But don't let my review turn you off of it. I've heard some great reviews about it so I'd deffinatly check it out

1 comment:

  1. It sounds good, but I don't really know if I would like it. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete