Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Review: Why I Let My Hair Grow Out

Why I Let My Hair Grow Out
Maryrose Wood
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Release Date: March 6, 2010


Being sent to your room is one thing. But being sent to another country? Morgan's boyfriend dumped her on the last day of school-it seemed the only thing to do was to hack off her hair and dye the stubble orange. Unfortunately, Morgan's parents freaked and decided a change of scenery would do her good. So they're sending her off on a bike tour of Ireland. But Morgan gets more than she bargained for on the Emerald Isle-including a strange journey into some crazy, once upon a time corner of the past. There, she meets fairies, weefolk, and a hunky warrior-dude named Fergus, and figures out that she's got some growing to do-and she doesn't just mean her hair.



Awe... What a cute story! This has been on my TBR shelf for quite some time now. I finally picked it up and I loved it! It was such a fun adventure around Ireland. And I have to give Ms. Wood props for coming up with something so creative.


If I had to say one thing about this book that I didn't like, though, it would be the main character Morgan. She was just really rude and moody and it really bothered me. It got better the last half of the book, though. She started to actually try to help others instead of just herself. The book definitely got a lot more enjoyable after that.

I loved how original the plot was. I loved the setting and the story line. Morgan actually ends up going through two different worlds: present day and a long time ago. She meets some interesting people in both worlds. The ending felt a little bit rushed, but I still enjoyed it.

I'm very interested to see what happens in the second book. This was such a cute story and I can't wait to continue Morgan's adventure.


Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment