Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Monday, July 18, 2011

Review: Ripple

Ripple

Ripple
Mandy Hubbard
Publisher: Razorbill/Penguin
Release Date: July 21, 2011

Lexi is cursed with a dark secret. Each day she goes to school like a normal teenager, and each night she must swim, or the pain will be unbearable. She is a siren - a deadly mermaid destined to lure men to their watery deaths. After a terrible tragedy, Lexi shut herself off from the world, vowing to protect the ones she loves. But she soon finds herself caught between a new boy at school who may have the power to melt her icy exterior, and a handsome water spirit who says he can break Lexi's curse if she gives up everything else. Lexi is faced with the hardest decision she's ever had to make: the life she's always longed for - or the love she can't live without?

Ripple was a fun adventure. I think I was expecting a little more from it, but, nethertheless, I enjoyed it.

We start off the story about a year after Lexi Killed her boyfriend. Not only is she dealing with a dark secret, but everyone else believes she killed him, too.

Lexi had pretty much shut everyone out. I can see why; she's been through a lot, plus she's trying to figure out and deal with what she is. I liked Lexi, for the most part. I wished she had let Cole in sooner. But, like I said, she had shut everyone out.

The story wasn't entirely unpredictable. Though there were a few surprises, I could pretty much figure it out. The book was unique though. Sirens have been popping up more and more, but I' haven't read anything like this.

Overall, it was a cute story. A bit cheesy, but still good.

Review:

No comments:

Post a Comment