Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Monday, July 25, 2011

Review: Sixteenth Summer

Sixteenth SummerSixteenth Summer
Michelle Dalton
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: May 3, 2011

Anna is dreading another tourist-filled summer on Dune Island that follows the same routine: beach, ice cream, friends, repeat. That is, until she locks eyes with Will, the gorgeous and sweet guy visiting from New York. Soon, her summer is filled with flirtatious fun as Anna falls head over heels in love.
But with every perfect afternoon, sweet kiss, and walk on the beach, Anna can’t ignore that the days are quickly growing shorter, and Will has to leave at the end of August. Anna’s never felt anything like this before, but when forever isn’t even a possibility, one summer doesn’t feel worth the promise of her heart breaking…

I love romances and fun summer reads, and Sixteenth Summer was a perfect combination of both.

I really liked the romance in this book. It was very real and very sweet. That's something that I appreciated.

One thing about this book is that sometimes the characters bothered me. Not Will, he didn't. But at times Anna did. Sometimes she seemed a bit childish and over dramatic. I also wasn't a huge fan of Caroline, Anna's best friend. Though they sometimes bothered me, I was able to overlook it easily and didn't let it take away from the story.

Though I did enjoy the book, it was a little cheesy. More like incredibly cheesy. But that's okay. It's part of what makes the book so endearing.

This is a romance of of fun. There's nothing serious about it. Definitely a good light summer read. 



1 comment:

  1. This book does look super cute. I have trouble getting into such casual reads like that sometimes though. Suspense in my books are like my driving force.

    ReplyDelete