Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Hollow

The Hollow by Jessica Verday
rating 10/10

When Abbey's best friend, Kristen, vanishes at the bridge near Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, everyone else is all too quick to accept that Kristen is dead?and rumors fly that her death was no accident. Abbey goes through the motions of mourning her best friend, but privately, she refuses to believe that Kristen is really gone. Then she meets Caspian, the gorgeous and mysterious boy who shows up out of nowhere at Kristen's funeral, and keeps reappearing in Abbey's life. Caspian clearly has secrets of his own, but he's the only person who makes Abbey feel normal again...but also special.


Just when Abbey starts to feel that she might survive all this, she learns a secret that makes her question everything she thought she knew about her best friend. How could Kristen have kept silent about so much? And could this secret have led to her death? As Abbey struggles to understand Kristen's betrayal, she uncovers a frightening truth that nearly unravels her—one that will challenge her emerging love for Caspian, as well as her own sanity.

I've been waiting a long time to read this, and now that I have, I love it! In fact, I actually read this some time ago ( on the plane coming back) but I didn't write a review yet because I was trying to think of just the right words to describe it.
All I can say is that The Hollow was breathtaking and extraordinary. I loved everything about it: the writing, the characters, the story. I could go on, but I won't. This book was just as heartbreaking as it was heartfelt.
I really loved Abby. She's on of those characters where you can really feel close to. She also stays with you, even after you finish the book.
So, if you haven't read The Hollow yet, i highly reccomend you do so, very soon. I really can't wait for the next one!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kapri! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your choice of colors for your layout! I am a new follower ^^

    I got the Hollow last week but haven't read it yet =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a great read, I look forward to reading your review on it!
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard some mixed reviews about this one, but I am glad you liked it. It sounds like a interesting read and I may check it out if my library gets it.

    Also just wanted to stop by and say welcome to the book blogging community. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also read really mixed reviews about this book, so it's interesting to read another positive one like this. I'm getting the impression it's one you either really love or just don't connect with at all. I'm intrigued to see which I'll be, so I'll definitely be checking it out.

    ReplyDelete