Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Tear Collector

The Tear Collector by Patrick Jones rating: 6/10

Fans of urban fantasy should prepare for a new kind of vampire–one that feeds off of tears instead of blood. Descended from an ancient line of creatures that gain their energy from human tears, Cassandra Gray depends on human sorrow to live. Only Cass has grown tired of living this life and wants to live like a human, especially now that she's met someone worth fighting for.


The Tear Collector, overall, was good. It had a few kinks, but it was okay.
I really didn't think the plot flowed, if you know what I mean. There were some different things going on and they just didn't flow together. It was almost like if the book was talking about one thing, than nothing else- even other problems and other important things- could come up, if that makes any sense.
 
I also just didn't think that Cass was a good character. I just didn't like her. Her relationship with Scott moved way to fast. It just wasn't real anyway. There also wasn't a chance to get to actually know Scott.
 
I think the story was good, it just wasn't presented and put together well. I wouldn't reccamend it unless you've got some extra time on your hands.

1 comment:

  1. Hm.. dang it. I have read mostly 'negative' reviews on this book. I really want to give it a try though. Total bummer it only got a 6/10. Great review though. :)

    -Arielle

    ReplyDelete