Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Sunday, October 14, 2012

24 Hour Read-a-thon: End of Event Survey


So, yesterday I participated in Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon. Overall, it was pretty successful for me. 

Books read:
What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton
Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
In Honor by Jessi Kirby
Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride

Total pages read: 1,263

I would have liked to fit one more book in, but 4 isn't bad for a day's work. 

Survey:
Which hour was most daunting for you?- Probably the last hour (for me), when I decided to go to bed.
Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?- Ummm... Well, it depends on what interests you have, but I'd have to recommend Graceling for something like this--it's a little longer but very addicting. 
Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?- Honestly, no. I didn't do much blogging during because I know that if I started, I would spend most my time online rather than reading.
What do you think worked really well in this year's Read-a-thon?- Well, I liked the videos on the hourly updates on the blog. They made for nice breaks. 
How many books did you read?- Four. 
What were the names of the books you read?-See above. I'm too lazy to type them again. 
Which book did you enjoy most?- In Honor
Which book did you enjoy least?- Unspoken
If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year's Cheerleaders?- I wasn't a cheerleader.
How likely are yo to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?- Pretty likely. It was fun and I got a fair amount of reading done. I would like to be a cheerleader  but I'll probably be a reader again since I always need an excuse to read more and put a dent in my TBR pile. Maybe if I don't have time to read for 24 Hours I'll be a cheerleader. 

Kapri

1 comment:

  1. First, your blog is beautiful :)

    Second, I am so jealous of you! My goal was 4 books, but I only made it to 2.5. Which is still good, but I wish I could have finished more!

    Good job!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete