Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Monday, October 8, 2012

Review: Timepiece by Myra McEntire

Timepiece (Hourglass, #2)Timepiece (Hourglass #2)
Myra McEntire
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Release Date: June 12, 2012

A threat from the past could destroy the future. And the clock is ticking...
Kaleb Ballard was never supposed to be able to see ripples-cracks in time. Are his powers expanding, or is something very wrong? Before he can find out, Jonathan Landers, the man who tried to murder his father, reappears. Why is he back, and what, or whom, does he want?
In the wake of Lander's return, the Hourglass organization is given an ultimatum. Either they find Jack and the research he's stolen on the people who might carry the time gene, or time will be altered - with devastating results for the people Kaleb loves most.
Now Kaleb, Emerson, Michael, and the other Hourglass recruits have no choice but to use their unusual powers to find Landers. But where do they even start? And when? And even if they succeed, it may not be enough...
This series is shaping up to be quite a fantastic series. Timepiece was a great, addicting read; a great addition to Hourglass. 

I'm not going to lie, I was a bit weary of having Kaleb as the main character in this book. I mean, I liked him in Hourglass, but I still wasn't sure. However, I'm extremely happy that I had the chance to see and get to know the different sides of Kaleb. Kaleb has been through a lot and is hurting in so many ways. One thing I loved about Kaleb was his willingness to help and do anything for those around him. He was such an overall nice guy, even if he pretends not to be sometimes. 

Timepiece was a really fast-paced novel. I may not have been sucked back into this world right away, but it didn't take long. It was full of adventure and action...but it was more than that. There was plenty of emotions: heartache, love, and more. 

I loved that this book (and series) is just so unique. It deals with time travel and such, which may not be a new concept (although it hasn't been touched on a whole lot in the YA world), but McEntire puts a new twist on it. Timepiece holds a very unique concept and I love learning more about it. 

Overall, I really enjoyed Timepiece, as much as Hourglass, if not more. I can't wait to dive into this world again. 


Kapri

No comments:

Post a Comment