Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Friday, January 22, 2010

Chasing Brooklyn

Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder
rating 10/10

Restless souls and empty hearts.


Brooklyn can’t sleep. Her boyfriend, Lucca died a year ago, and now their friend Gabe has died of an overdose. Every time she closes her eyes, Gabe's ghost is there, waiting for her. She has no idea what he wants or why it isn't Lucca chasing her through her dreams.


Nico can’t stop. He’s always running, trying so hard not to feel the pain of missing Lucca. But when he begins receiving messages from his dead brother, telling him to help Brooklyn, emotions come crashing to the surface.


As the nightmares escalate and the messages become relentless, Nico reaches out to Brooklyn. But neither of them can admit that they're being haunted. Until they learn to let each other in, not one soul will be able to rest.

In one word, this book was amazing. Haunting. Riveting. Awe-inspiring.


Okay, so that's more than one word, but it truly is all those things.

From the moment I started this book, I couldn't put it down. I read the whole thing in one sitting, despite the length.

This is the first book I've read that is in verse. I wasn't sure how I would like it, but it looked so good I jumped at the chance when it turned up in my library. As it turns out, I really liked it written in verse. It felt very real that way, and since everything about it is poetic, it just makes sense.

Overall, this is a must read. It's my first book by Lisa Schroeder, and now I want to go read more by her. This book was absolutly mesmerizing and enchanting. It's one of those books that leave you breathless at the end.

5 comments:

  1. I loved this book too. I wasn't sure if I would like it in verse but it really added a whole new dimension to the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to start this one. It sounds terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked it! I've been waiting to read this one for awhile, amazing review! I love those types of books, that aren't forgotten easily :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to reading this one. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete