Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Sunday, January 3, 2010

In My Mailbox (12)

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren

won:
  
Fallen by Lauren Kate- There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.
Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.
Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

Bought:
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick- For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.

With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.
But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent- The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls for a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld — a consequence they can’t possibly understand. Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk....






Around the World Tours:
Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens- I met someone who changed everything. Matthias. My autistic sister's guardian angel. Honest. Inspiring. Funny. Hot. And immortal. That was the problem. What could I do? I did what any other girl would do-I fell in love with him. Zoë's sister darts in front of cars. Her brother's a pothead. Her parents are so overwhelmed; they don't see Zoë lost in her broken life. Zoë escapes the only way she knows how: partying. Matthias, a guardian sent from Heaven, watches over Zoë's autistic sister. After Zoë is convinced he's legit, angel and lost girl come together in a love that changes destiny. But Heaven on Earth can't last forever.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you had a great haul this week! I'm really wanting Fallen and My Soul to Save and Heavenly looks really good.

    Here's what I got this week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-1-3-10.html

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books! I hope you enjoy them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed Hush, Hush! I hope you like it as much as I did.

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hush, Hush & Fallen are both sitting on my shelf waiting to be read, I think I'll choose HH first.

    Check out my mailbox for the week: http://goodgollymisshollybooks.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-9_03.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books. :) Hush,Hush is really really good. I'm reading Fallen at the moment and it's very good also. I hope you enjoy everything. :D

    ReplyDelete