Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Saturday, November 6, 2010

In My Mailbox (45)

We have Kristi at The Story Siren to thank for hosting IMM every week.


Ethan Wate used to think of Gatlin, the small Southern town he had always called home, as a place where nothing ever changed. Then he met mysterious newcomer Lena Duchannes, who revealed a secret world that had been hidden in plain sight all along. A Gatlin that harbored ancient secrets beneath its moss-covered oaks and cracked sidewalks. A Gatlin where a curse has marked Lena's family of powerful supernaturals for generations. A Gatlin where impossible, magical, life-altering events happen.


Sometimes life-ending.

Together they can face anything Gatlin throws at them, but after suffering a tragic loss, Lena starts to pull away, keeping secrets that test their relationship. And now that Ethan's eyes have been opened to the darker side of Gatlin, there's no going back. Haunted by strange visions only he can see, Ethan is pulled deeper into his town's tangled history and finds himself caught up in the dangerous network of underground passageways endlessly crisscrossing the South, where nothing is as it seems.

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything--including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?











Lisabeth Lewis has a black steed, a set of scales, and a new job: she’s been appointed Famine. How will an anorexic seventeen-year-old girl from the suburbs fare as one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?




Traveling the world on her steed gives Lisa freedom from her troubles at home: her constant battle with hunger, and her struggle to hide it from the people who care about her. But being Famine forces her to go places where hunger is a painful part of everyday life, and to face the horrifying effects of her phenomenal power. Can Lisa find a way to harness that power — and the courage to battle her own inner demons?

9 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Nightshade and Hunger, I hope you like them also. Nightshade surprised me a lot, and Hunger was humorous and serious at the same time.

    Jennifer (An Abundance of Books)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome books this week! I haven't read any of them yet, but Nightshade and Beautiful Darkness are waiting for me on my bookshelf and Hunger is on my TBR list! I hope that you enjoy them!

    I'm a new follower!

    You can check out my IMM here! Happy Reading!

    Claire :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great IMM. you have three of the books i've been wanting to read for a while. enjoy! :)

    if you have time, check out our IMM post is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books you got this week. Hunger looks really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading nightshade right now and so far I'm loving it . I have Beautiful Darkness just need to read it. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great selection of books! They all look fab. I really want to read beautiful darkness... Happy reading :)
    Check out what's In My Mailbox and don't forget to enter the giveaway

    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to read Beautiful Creatures and Darkness and Nightshade as well. I will be looking forward to your thoughts on those! My IMM is here: http://nikkibrandyberry.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED Nightshade and I really need to read Beautiful Creatures. Hope you enjoy your new books!

    Here's what I got in my mailbox this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to read Beautiful Creatures, and have Nightshade waiting on my shelf. Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete