Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Review: Always a Witch

Always a Witch (Witch, #2)Always a Witch
Carolyn MacCullough
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcour
Release Date: August 1, 2011


The adventures of Tam and Gabriel continue with more time travel, Talents, spy work, and of course, the evil Knights. 

Since the gripping conclusion of Once A Witch, Tamsin Greene has been haunted by her grandmother's prophecy that she will soon be forced to make a crucial decision—one so terrible that it could harm her family forever. When she discovers that her enemy, Alistair Knight, went back in time to Victorian-era New York in order to destroy her family, Tamsin is forced to follow him into the past. Stranded all alone in the nineteenth century, Tamsin soon finds herself disguised as a lady's maid in the terrifying mansion of the evil Knight family, avoiding the watchful eye of the vicious matron, La Spider, and fending off the advances of Liam Knight. As time runs out, both families square off in a thrilling display of magic. And to her horror, Tamsin finally understands the nature of her fateful choice.

Once a Witch was such a fun surprise for me. I wasn't expecting to like it so much, but I did. So of course I was looking forward to more adventures in Always a Witch.

And there was more adventures. Always a Witch, too, was full of magic, mischief and time traveling. Unfortunately, I didn't get into this book as I did Once a Witch.

The book jumps right into the story. The majority of this book is spend in the past. I both liked this and didn't. I would have liked to see more of the characters from the present. Also, it was a little slow right after Tam arrived in the past. But it quickly sped up.

I still really liked Tamsin. Even with her Talent, she still had a good heard on her shoulders. She was a little too independent at times, but that's okay.

I was a tad sad with the ending. I don't know if there will be another book or not, but I hope there will be. 

I love witches and magic, which it part of why I like these books so much. I didn't like Always a Witch as much as its predecessor, but it is still an enjoyable read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment