Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Friday, October 7, 2011

Review: Small Town Sinners

Small Town Sinners
Melissa Walker
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Release Date: July 19, 2011
Small Town SinnersThe story of Lacey Anne Byers, a small town girl who is excited to star in Hell House, her church's annual haunted house of sin, until a childhood friend reappears and makes her question her faith.


Small Town Sinners is one of the more real books that I've read in a while. And I really enjoyed it. I loved the real characters and problems it had. How it made me think. The questions it brought up.


I really liked the characters in this book. Lacey's friends, Starla Joy and Dean. They were fun, but they had their own problems, which I liked. I loved Ty. And I liked Lacey Ann. As the book goes on, she learns how to question and make up her own mind about things.


I was intrigued the whole time I was reading this book. There was drama, but it was real issues, not just like a soap opera. 


This is not a book for closed-minded people, in either direction. But I liked it. Like I said, I liked how it made me think. This book is not one sided. It allows you to draw your own opinion.


I found this to be a fantastic contemporary. I would recommend this to anyone who is willing to listen with and open mind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment