Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

The Unbecoming of Mara DyerThe Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Michelle Hodkin
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Release Date: September 27, 2011


Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
She's wrong.




So, I think it's safe to say that this book has created quite a buzz. for at least since BEA, but probably before then. And I've been wanting to read it ever since.

And it was really good. One of the better books this year.

I must say that I didn't absolutely love it like I thought I would. Don't get me wrong, it was really, really good. But I won't be putting it on my 'favorite' shelf. Yet. I think I need to reread it to really get my full enjoyment out of it. 

This book was not what I expected. In a good way. I wasn't quite sure what it would be about. But the mystery was very intriguing. There was something very addicting about this book. It's 450 pages, but it didn't seem like it. 

I really liked Mara. I mean, there were times that she bothered me a tad, but I could really feel her pain and confusion.

And Noah. He goes on my list of hottest guys with accents, right up there with Bones and St. Clair. 

I must say, I am so tired of cliffhangers. They don't even affect me anymore like they used to. They just mostly piss me off that I didn't have enough resolution. But, I still want to read the next one. 

Did I love this? No. Did I really, really enjoy it? Yes. I think I need to read it again to fully appreciate it. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why until now I still haven't read this. I think I may be the only one left.

    ReplyDelete