Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Monday, August 27, 2012

Review: Nevermore by James Patterson

Nevermore (Maximum Ride, #8)Nevermore (Maximum Ride #8)
James Patterson
Publisher: Little Brown and Company
Release Date: August 6, 2012

One last chance...For Max, Fang, Angel, Iggy, Nudge, and Gazzy.Before it all ends.
Are you ready for the final chapter? Are you ready for the ultimate flight? Because THIS IS IT. One last incredible, explosive adventure with an astonishing ending that no one could have seen coming.




Prior to Reading: I was excited to return to the world of Maximum Ride yet sad to see it end. I've been reading this series for years now (this is one of the first series that I got into when I began reading a lot) so I knew I would be a bit nostalgic while reading it. 

Review: I loved returning to these quirky characters one last times. I love this little family of mutant kids. They are all so different and funny. They all make me laugh. Plus, I love how close and loyal they all are to each other. 

And Max. In the beginning she is a very strong, independent girl who had no clue how to deal with her (and other's) emotions. She still isn't in tune with emotions but in Nevermore she has to deal with that among other things. 

So. The conclusion to an epic series. Does it hold up to the other books? Is it a satisfying ending? Well, I for one was satisfied. This book wasn't as action-packed as the other books (although it still had it's share of fight scenes). It was more focused on the characters. I still liked it just the same if not more.

Overall: I thought it was a great ending to this series. From the first page I was transported back into this world one last time and it didn't let up until the very last page. 
Gold Medal

1 comment:

  1. i loved this book i wished there was more of this series but a real good book has to end some time i guess the author should start making more books related to this one

    ReplyDelete