Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Friday, August 31, 2012

Obsessions Started by Books

So, every once in a while I will read a book and immediately go "I want to do that" or "I want to do there." Prior to reading I had no desire to go to said place or do said thing. But once I read the book I just know that at sometime in my life I want to do that thing or go to that place. 

Here are a few:

Girl at SeaGo Scuba Diving- Here's a confession: I have a fear of the ocean. I just don't like it. Not one bit. But every since reading Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson, I want to go scuba diving. I think it would be an amazing experience. Plus, I'd have to face my fear, right?








WanderloveVisit Central/South America- If you would have asked me a year ago, the only places around the world I would want to visit was Europe and maybe Australia. But ever since reading Wanderlove by Kristin Hubbard, I've had this desire to visit Central/South America. Waderlove has such great imagery and (almost) anywhere down there would be such an amazing place to visit and explore. 







Amy and Roger's Epic DetourGo on a Road Trip- There have been several books that has inspired and fed this idea, the main one being Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. I just want to get some friends together, pack up, hit the road, and have an adventure. 








So, I ask you this: Are there any things you want to try/ places you want to visit that was inspired from reading a book?

No comments:

Post a Comment