Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Friday, June 3, 2011

Review: Rosebush

Rosebush

Rosebush
Michele Jaffe
Publisher:
Release Date:

Instead of celebrating Memorial Day weekend on the Jersey Shore, Jane is in the hospital surrounded by teddy bears, trying to piece together what happened last night. One minute she was at a party, wearing fairy wings and cuddling with her boyfriend. The next, she was lying near-dead in a rosebush after a hit-and-run.



Everyone believes it was an accident, despite the phone threats Jane swears were real. But the truth is a thorny thing. As Jane's boyfriend, friends, and admirers come to visit, more memories surface not just from the party, but from deeper in her past . . . including the night her best friend Bonnie died.
With nearly everyone in her life a suspect now, Jane must unravel the mystery before her killer attacks again. Along the way, she's forced to examine the consequences of her life choices in this compulsively readable thriller.

It's been a while since I've read a good mystery. I was pretty excited to finally read Rosebush. I forgot how much I enjoy a good mystery. Rosebush was a thrilling ride; I couldn't put it down until I knew exactly what happened.
It took me a while to warm up to Jane. At first I didn't like her. She was shallow. That became clear through the flashbacks. But, also while unvieling her past I got to know her better. Understand her better. I still think she's shallow, but by the end I liked her a little more.

I really enjoyed the mystery. We discover what happened through flashbacks as Jane recovers in the hospital and tries to figure things out herself. I didn't even try to guess who did it because I knew I'd be wrong. I did not see tha ending coming.

All in all I enjoyed Rosebush. It's not the best book in the world, but I'd recomend it to anyone whose looking for a good mystery.

Rating:
3/5



1 comment:

  1. I always like books with a bit of mystery in them, but 3 stars doesn't sound convincing. Not sure if I'll pick it up.. thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete