Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Review: Ruby Red

Ruby RedRuby Red
Kerstin Gier
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
Release Date: May 10, 2011 (U.S. edition)

Gwyneth Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth, who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era! Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon, the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century and in contemporary London, they can trust.


Oh, what an adventure! I wasn't sure whether I  would like this book or not, but it sure looked interesting. Turns out, I really did enjoy it.

Ugh, I love time travel novels! I can't say I've read many, but what I have read I enjoyed.

I can see why Ruby Red is an international bestseller. I'm just glad it was translated to English.

Oh, I enjoyed Gwen. It took me a while to warm up to her,  but when I did I really liked her.

One thing, though, I was expecting a little more romance. But, I can see it's set up for more in the next book. I am glad, though, that it wasn't one of those relationships where the two rushed into it like I've been seeing a lot of. I appreciated this.

Overall, Ruby Red was a fun ride. I just can't wait to read the next!

Rating:


1 comment:

  1. Ever since I saw this gorgeous book at the bookstore I wanted it, luckily it's on it's way to me (or is suppose to be) for review. I LOVE time travel and am excited to read this one. I was a bit worried because I hadn't seen many reviews but I'm feeling better now since you really enjoyed it. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete