Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Monday, January 16, 2012

Review: Hallowed

Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)Hallowed
Cynthia Hand
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Release Date: January 17, 2012
Pages: 416

For months part-angel Clara Gardner trained to face the raging forest fire from her visions and rescue the alluring and mysterious Christian Prescott from the blaze. But nothing could prepare her for the fateful decisions she would be forced to make that day, or the startling revelation that her purpose--the task she was put on earth to accomplish--is not as straightforward as she though. Now, torn between her increasingly complicated feelings for Christian and her love for her boyfriend, Tucker, Clara struggles to make sense of what she was supposed to do the day of the fire. and, as she is drawn further into the world of part angels and growing conflict between White Wings and Black Wings, Clara learns of the terrifying new reality that she must face: Someone close to her will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.

I loved Unearthly. I was a little concerned that Hallowed wouldn't live up to it's predessor. I am glad to say that Hallowed was every bit as good as Unearthly.

While I am a huge fan of angels and their concept, I haven't encountered many angel books that I've absolutely loved. After reading this book, I've decided it's the only series in which I love. I don't know if it's the creative concept or the characters or the combination of both.

I have to say, Clara is pretty kick-butt. And yet I love how compassionate she is. And I do feel that she has grown over the series, and even this book. 

While I don't typically like love triangles, I fell that the one in this series is very well done. I believe each boy has gotten an equal chance in these two books. And while Tucker still holds my heart (just barely more than Christian) I know that he isn't as good for Clara as Christian is. In the end, I am team Clara; whoever she chooses is good enough for me. 

Some major bombs are dropped in this installment. While I could see some things coming, there were quite a few surprises, too.

I was not disappointed with this installment of a fabulous series. I am mad, though, because I have to wait so long for the next one!

3 comments:

  1. You said, "I am mad, though, because I have to wait so long for the next one!"

    I feel that way all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm actually Team Christian, but I will be satisfied with whoever she chooses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Cynthia Hand. YOU SLAYED ME WITH THIS BOOK. Slayed. How can I survive the wait for Boundless? AND TEAM TUCK ALL THE WAY, BBY.

    ReplyDelete