Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (8): Books I Wish I Owned/ Need to Buy

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For more information or to participate, visit here.
This week is a freebie. I decided that I want to compile a list of books that I have read, loved, and yet do not own. I do not buy a lot of books, I mostly borrow them from others or the library or receive them for review.  Sometimes I run into a book that I absolutely loved and yet do not own, but still want to.

  1. Anna and the French Kiss- I have actually checked this out from the library a couple of times to reread. 
  2. Lola and the Boy Next Door- On the same vein, this one is also amazing and I need to add it to my collection, too.
  3. If I Die by Rachel Vincent- This is my favorite series. I own all of them except for this last one, which of course is my favorite. I think this needs to be the next one that I buy. 
  4. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta- This is one of my favorite books. I read it a long time ago and need to get it not only to have, but to read again and again. 
  5. The Nature of Jade by Deb Caletti- Everything I said about Jellicoe Road also applies to this one. One of my favorite books!
  6. The first two Vampire Academy novels- I have every book in the series except for the first two. I need to get them to complete my collection.
  7. The first two in the Luxe series-Ditto.
  8. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand- I loved this one. I recently received Hallowed, and now I got to get this one. I promised myself I would get it when it comes out in paperback, but, alas, I did not. 
  9. Where She Went by Gale Forman- This one was so beautiful; I loved it. I liked If I Stay, but this one was amazing. 
  10. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson- Another favorite that I need to get!
Looking at my list, I realize that I have a lot of favorites that I don't own. There are probably more of my favorite books that I don't own than that I do own, which is really sad. I need to get on that. 
(I also realize that most of my favorites are contemporary. I've never noticed that before.)

Are there any books that you don't have but need to buy?

1 comment:

  1. I think that if I made a list like this my bank account would start crying!

    Great list of books, though! Hopefully you'll soon have them all!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete