Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Unbreak My Heart

Unbreak My Heart
Unbreak My Heart by Melissa C. Walker
May 22, 2012

Sophomore year broke Clementine Williams’ heart. She fell for her best friend’s boyfriend and long story short: he’s excused, but Clem is vilified and she heads into summer with zero social life. 

Enter her parents’ plan to spend the summer on their sailboat. Normally the idea of being stuck on a tiny boat with her parents and little sister would make Clem break out in hives, but floating away sounds pretty good right now. 

Then she meets James at one of their first stops along the river. He and his dad are sailing for the summer and he’s just the distraction Clem needs. Can he break down Clem’s walls and heal her broken heart? 

Told in alternating chapters that chronicle the year that broke Clem’s heart and the summer that healed it, Unbreak My Heart is a wonderful dual love story that fans of Sarah Dessen, Deb Caletti, and Susane Colasanti will flock to.

From what I've read of Melissa Walker, I've really liked. And this seems like such a cute book, and one right up my ally. 

2 comments:

  1. This one looks SO great. I adore the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sailing for a summer sounds like fun. When I was 15, I had this insane idea of sailing the Mississippi with a homemade pontoon/raft. I had the whole adventure planned. It's a memory I had almost forgotten until I read this synopsis.

    ReplyDelete