Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Jennifer E. Smith
Publisher: Poppy
Release Date: January 2, 2012
Pages: 236

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?
Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting are. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Headley's in 18A.
Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love fins you when you're least expecting it. 
What a cute and endearing story! This was a quick read, yet filled with laughs and maybe even a tear or two.

I grew to really like Hadley. Even though this books is based over such a short period of time, I found that she still grew a ton. I also found her really funny. And Oliver. I had a hard time figuring Oliver out. At first when he told Hadley that he was going to a wedding, too, I knew he was not telling her something. I had a terrible feeling he himself was getting married. But the more I got to know him and when I found out what really happened, my heart broke for him, making me love him even more. 

I loved Hadley and Olliver's relationship. It developed at a good pace. Hadley and Oliver were hilarious together. They also helped each other grow, making the other better. Together they made a dynamic duo.

So much happened over this 24-hour period. It was packed with so much I'll say one thing: this book was never boring or had any unnecessary material.

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight was a great contemporary. Fun, charming, witty and emotional, this was a great story of love at first sight and so much more. 

1 comment:

  1. This is the second blog review I've read of this book. The more I hear about it, the more I want to read it.

    ReplyDelete