Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Friday, May 18, 2012

Kick-Ass Heroines

So today I am sharing some female characters in YA that have one of my favorite qualities--they're bad ass. I've recently (or not so recently) come across some characters that I love and want to share with you all. 
Now, you may notice that all of these books are non-contemporary (dystopian, high fantasy, paranormal). I didn't do that on purpose. I couldn't think of anyone who is BA that's a contemp. Not that they aren't out there. I'll have to do a post later featuring kick-ass girls in contemporary novels.


But for now, onto the list!
Poison Study (Study, #1)
Yelena from Poison Study
I love these novels and I love Yelena. She's loyal, independent, and awesome. 

Divergent (Divergent, #1)
Tris from Divergent
Tris went through a lot in this book and still remained strong. She's incredibly brave, but I guess that's why she is in Duantless, after all.

Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)
Katsa from Graceling
Katsa's a fighter. That is her Grace. And she fights a lot more than just physically, too. During the book, she grows a lot emotionally, too. 

Fire (Graceling Realm, #2)
Fire by Kristin Cashore
I couldn't put Katsa on this list without Fire. Fire is strong, too, but she's a little stronger than Katsa is emotionally. This I really liked about her because it was easy to relate to her.

And, last but not least:
Angelfire (Angelfire, #1)
Ellie from Angelfire
Ellie is smart, sassy, and can kick some serious demon butt. She's one of my favorite characters period.

So, there you have.
Did I miss anyone? let me know!


P.S. I know I didn't put Katniss in here, but I think that goes without saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment