Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Review: Revived by Cat Patrick

RevivedRevived
Cat Patrick
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Release Date: May 8, 2012

As a little girl, Daisy Appleby was killed in a school bus crash. Moments after the accident, she was brought back to life. 
A secret government agency has developed a drug called Revive that can bring people back from the dead, and Daisy Appleby, a test subject, has been Revived five times in fifteen years. Daisy takes extraordinary risks, knowing that she can beat death, but each new death also means a new name, a new city, and a new life. When she meets Matt McKean, Daisy begins to question the moral implications of Revive, and as she discovers the agency’s true goals, she realizes she’s at the center of something much larger—and more sinister—than she ever imagined.


I enjoyed Revived a lot more than I expected to. I really enjoyed Patrick's debut novel, Forgotten, but Revived was ten times better. It was very original and was able to stir up emotions in me. 
Daisy changes a lot over the course of this book. In the beginning, she is a little careless with her life because she knows she can just be Revived. But she learns a lot about the importance of life through the book, and she doesn't want to die again. I really liked Daisy. She could be selfish at times but completely selfless at others. Even though she is part of the Revive project, she still acted like a normal teenage girl, too. She was smart and I thought she was a unique character.
Revive was really unique and original. I was immediately sucked into this world and devoured it. There was so much mystery and intrigue and I wanted to know more about the drug Revive. There were plenty of times of suspense in this book, where I was on the edge of my seat waiting to know what happened. 
On top of everything, there were also some sad, heart-breaking moments in here, too. Patrick definitely knows how to make me laugh one moment and cry the next. 
Revived is a can't miss novel. It's full of everything, from suspense to romance to heartbreak to deep questioning.  

3 comments:

  1. I love that cover! I hadn't heard of this one, but I'm glad to know that it surpassed your expectations. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on my wishlist and can't wait to get my hands on it actually :) Great review :D
    xoxo, Mariam

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cover creeps me out, which makes me even more curious about the story. Great review!

    ReplyDelete