Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Friday, May 4, 2012

Under-appreciated Books

If you spend any time in the bookish world you know that some books get a lot of buzz, and some don't. Well, today I'm here to tell you some of my favorite books that didn't get as much credit and buzz as I believed they deserved. Some of them are more heard of than others. Some are even my all time favorites.
Willow
 Willow by Julia Hoban
One of my favorites ever. It was so heartbreaking and beautiful.

John Belushi Is Dead
John Belushi is Dead by Kathy Charles
This is one of my more recent favs. It has some of my favorite things that we seldom see in YA these days (old movie and celebrity references) and it's just awesome. It had both heartbreaking and fun moments. Plus, look at that awesome cover!
Read my review here

Once Dead, Twice Shy (Madison Avery, #1)
Once dead Twice Shy by Kim Harrison
This may not be a favorite, but it's still really fun and unique. It's a series that I started reading right when I started really getting into reading. Who doesn't love reapers?

The Nature of Jade
The Nature of Jade by Deb Caletti
This is another favorite of mine. It's so good! I loved everything about it. 

Girl at Sea
Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson
Okay, this may have gotten a lot of buzz just because it's Maureen Johnson. But, it gets nothing compared to Suite Scarlet or 13 Little Blue Envelopes. This is one of my favorite books that I've read this year, and it may have even earned a spot on my favorites shelf. It was so good! Diving and Italy and treasure hunts: there may not be a better combination. 
Read my review here.
My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1)
Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent
Again, this may not be exactly not well know, but it is definitely under-appreciated. It's one of my favorite series. It's so amazing and it gets ten times better with every book!

And there are a ton more. 
Let me know, what are some books you think don't get enough credit?

1 comment:

  1. I actually haven't even read any of these books, except for Willow, which is such a good book. I agree, that book is not getting enough attention.

    ReplyDelete