Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchair BEA: Introductions

So, like so many other lovely bloggers this year I am participating in Armchair BEA. If you don't know what that is or you want to participate, visit here
So, I'll just jump right into it, then. 

Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? 

Hey there! I'm Kapri. I've been blogging for almost four years now. I started blogging because I wanted to put my thoughts about books out there. When I first started, I honestly thought I was the only book blogger out there and that no one would see my blog. Imagine my surprise when I found an entire community out there.

 Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.

On top of reading, one of my other interests is art. I love painting and drawing especially.

What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?
Hmm... This is a little tough. I'd have to say that I like my Charming Covers posts, which is where I show covers that have recently been revealed.

Where do you see your blog in five years? 
Well. Hopefully in five years I'm still out there blogging. Hopefully I've developed some strong relationships with other bloggers, authors, and publishers.

What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?
I would love to travel the same path as Bria in Wanderlove. It just sounds so beautiful and awesome. 

What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years? 
I just love being able to see the opinions of others who share the same obsession as me. Being able to talk about the books I read is amazing.
One thing I would like to see change is that bloggers tend to keep in the same circle (myself included), only developing relationships with a few other bloggers. I'd like to see everyone expand their circle. It's just really hard since there are so many blogs out there. You want to be a part of all of them but you just can't. 

So, anyone else participating in Armchair BEA? Let me know! 

11 comments:

  1. Welcome to Armchair BEA Week!!!! I'm so glad you've joined the group. I'll have to go back and check out your Cover posts. I LOVE book covers and some of them are so amazing!!! Do you have any of your drawings posted online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you love to travel like Bria. I agree with being able to talk to others about books makes this a fun community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kapri! So nice to meet you. It is nice to see you are still growing strong after so long and not burned out. I agree with the circle thing, but there are many bloggers out there, myself included, who love meeting new bloggers and welcome them! I am excited when I receive new comments from a blogger I haven't met. I rush to their blog to leave a comment. I find that the bloggers who contine the daily exchange I form good bonds with them. That constant interaction makes it all worth while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting that you mention the blogger circles, because I was just thinking as I read your post... why are there so many "long time" bloggers that I've never heard of? Where have I been? Where have you been? Know what I mean? Yes, there are lots and lots of different circles, it's actually quite fascinating how we gravitate to our familiar places! Whew, that was a bit of a philosophical comment!

    Happy ABEA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for dropping by my blog! Very cool that you like art. What kind of painting (acrylic, watercolor, oils)?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully I will still be blogging in 5 years, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love art also, can't draw myself but love finding new art/artists

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to draw and paint, too. I miss it.

    And, I was also surprised to find that there were people who were actually interested in what I had to say about books! That really shocked me.

    Happy Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know for me a big part of not finding new to me bloggers to interact with is simply the time factor. There are so many awesome blogs out there to visit but I barely have time to keep up with my own blog never mind trying to visit my favorites and then add more on top of that.

    That is actually one of the things I am loving about ArmchairBEA - I'm forcing myself to make the time to go through the linky lists and visit some different sites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire anyone who can do art, I can't draw a stick figure :)
    Check out my Day 4 post if you haven’t already

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard great things about Wanderlove. Perhaps I need to see what that is all about.

    ReplyDelete