Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Thursday, June 21, 2012

What's Next (1)


I saw this over at Icey Books, and I thought it would be fun to try it!
 Here's how it works:

-Every Thursday select three-five books (not too many, not too little!) that you want to read but can't decide which one to read first. 
-Post the cover, and if you want, the synopsis or even a random line from the book, for each of your selections. 
-At the end of your post, ask readers to vote on which one you should read next! 

For more information or to participate, visit here.


So, here are the list of books to choose from for me this week:

Hemlock (Hemlock, #1)
Mackenzie and Amy were best friends.Since then, Mac's life has been turned upside down. She is being haunted by Amy in her dreams, and an extremist group called the Trackers has come to Mac's hometown of Hemlock to hunt down Amy's killer:A white werewolf.Lupine syndrome--also known as the werewolf virus--is on the rise across the country. Many of the infected try to hide their symptoms, but bloodlust is not easy to control.Wanting desperately to put an end to her nightmares, Mac decides to investigate Amy's murder herself. She discovers secrets lurking in the shadows of Hemlock, secrets about Amy's boy-friend, Jason, her good pal Kyle, and especially her late best friend. Mac is thrown into a maelstrom of violence and betrayal that puts her life at risk.Kathleen Peacock's thrilling novel is the first in the Hemlock trilogy, a spell-binding urban fantasy series filled with provocative questions about prejudice, trust, lies, and love.




The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)
"In a future world, vampires reign. Humans are blood cattle. And one girl will search for the key to save humanity."Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a vampire city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten.Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of "them." The vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself is attacked--and given the ultimate choice. Die...or become one of the monsters.Faced with her own mortality, Allie becomes what she despises most. To survive, she must learn the rules of being immortal, including the most important: go long enough without human blood, and you will go mad.Then Allie is forced to flee into the unknown, outside her city walls. There she joins a ragged band of humans who are seeking a legend--a possible cure to the disease that killed off most of humankind and created the rabids, the mindless creatures who threaten humans and vampires alike.But it isn't easy to pass for human. Especially not around Zeke, who might see past the monster inside her. And Allie soon must decide what--and who--is worth dying for.


Keep Holding On
A romantic and empowering book about bullyingNoelle's life is all about survival. Even her best friend doesn't know how much she gets bullied, or the ways her mom neglects her. Noelle's kept so much about her life a secret for so long that when her longtime crush Julian Porter starts paying attention to her, she's terrified. Surely it's safer to stay hidden than to risk the pain of a broken heart. But when the antagonism of her classmates takes a dramatic turn, Noelle realizes it's time to stand up for herself--and for the love that keeps her holding on.







Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)
I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare, pushing aside thoughts of Alex, pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school, push, push, push, like Raven taught me to do.The old life is dead.But the old Lena is dead too.I buried her.I left her beyond a fence,behind a wall of smoke and flame.Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite. 


Let me know what to read next! 

9 comments:

  1. Out of the four, I only read Pandemonium and I ABSOLUTELY recommend it, such a cliff-hanger too. And I actually already bought The Immortal Rules and can't wait to read it.
    I vote for Pandemonium <3
    xoxo, Mariam @Book-A-Holic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really hard to choose from Pandemonium and The Immortal Rules. I have to say The Immortal Rules... Enjoy...

    Happy Reading
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=1829

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a hard choice between Pandemonium and The Immortal Rules (which I just read and loved) but I'm going to pick Pandemonium as I want to read it this summer too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about saying Pandemonium but i hated the cliff hanger so I'm going too pick The Immortal Rules! You can check my What's Next on the blog it's second post down I cant leave a link though because I'm on my phone

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOTALLY read Pandemonium!! That book is filled to the brim with complete awesomeness! Even though the ending is a cliffhanger, it's totally worth reading right this second. I hope you enjoy whatever book you end up choosing! =)

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pandemonium, just because I want to read your review for it! I read Delirium a while back and completely loved it! Did not manage to buy Pandemonium from UK before coming back home to Finland for the summer.... I need to go to one of the local bookstores to ask if it is possible for them to order it for me in English.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pandemonium! I actually think it wss better than book 1, and I really loved book 1! Really, Oliver impressed me above and beyond from what I even expected from her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I don't think I"m going to be a huge help since I can't decide between three of them. It seems like the general consensus here is Pandemonium, but Keep Holding On and Hemlock look good too!

    ReplyDelete