Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Friday, June 8, 2012

Awesome Books, Awful Covers

So, every once in a while I get a book that has just an awful cover. When the book turns out to be completely awesome,  I'm usually surprised. Today, I am sharing those books with you.

Now, a lot of these books I wouldn't have even picked up if there weren't raving reviews for them or for some other reason I felt like picking them up.

Reign or Shine (Demon Princess, #1)
Now, from the title and cheesy cover, I honestly don't know why I picked this one up. But I did, and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. 

The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1)
Okay, is it just me, or does this chick remind you of Wednesday from The Addams Family? I think she's really creepy, and unlike the other books in the series, not in a pretty, intriguing way.

The Secret Life of Prince Charming
I just think this cover is cheesy. Fortunately, the paperback has a better cover.

Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1)
This cover isn't as bad as it is just embarrassing to read. But the pure awesomeness of the book make up for it. 

Anna and the French Kiss
Again, this is not necessarily a bad cover, but it looks super chick-lity and cheesy. I would have never picked it up if it weren't for all of the awesome reviews. And I don't regret it one bit. 

This all just teaches you not to judge a book by it's cover. 
Are there some books that have been awesome but have a bad cover that you've read? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Agreed: Perfect Chemistry was embarassing to read, but so goood.
    Take me There by Carolee Dean is also a really embarassing one to read.
    Anna and the French Kiss is adorable!
    And, last but not least: Awful cover- Dream Chaser by Angie Stanton. Good book, though.

    Megan@The Book Babe

    ReplyDelete